|The longest-running film festival in the Americas, the San Francisco International Film Festival, recognized throughout the world for its eclectic, intelligent and adventurous programs and events, is accepting submissions to SFIFF57 (April 24- May 8, 2014). Works in all genres, forms and lengths are considered. |
GOLDEN GATE AWARDS COMPETITION
SFIFF is deeply rooted in the finest traditions of film appreciation both as an art form and as a meaningful agent for social change and is an important showcase for the most searching and probing films from around the globe.
The Festival’s Golden Gate Awards recognize the best of international and Bay Area talent by honoring innovation in documentary, narrative, animation, experimental, family films and youth produced works.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ENTRIES
- All entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2013.
- Features previously exhibited in the Bay Area, either theatrically, at another local festival or via television or Internet broadcast are not eligible to apply.
- Bay Area filmmakers are eligible for additional Bay Area awards given in recognition of the rich variety of work that has established Northern California as a center of independent production. Awards are presented to a documentary feature film and two short films. To qualify for a Bay Area award, entries must have been made by a filmmaker who is a current resident of the San Francisco Bay Area (the area from Monterey to Mendocino: postal zip codes 93901 to 95457). Producers, crew or cast members are not eligible for entry fee discounts or Bay Area Golden Gate Awards.
- Rough cuts or works-in-progress are accepted and reviewed. However, filmmakers are urged to submit as close to the final cut as possible. The Festival will not accept new versions of an entry unless requested by the programming staff.
- All entrants will be notified of the Festival’s decision by March, 2014.
| ||OVERVIEW |
HOW TO ENTER
FEES AND AWARDS
DEVELOPER'S NOTE: http://sffs.org/content.aspx?catid=928,1627,1629